Before seeing these pictures, I assumed cinder blocks were best used for keeping that old beat up car without wheels off the ground. But now that I’ve seen these cinder block outdoor crafts, I have completely changed my tune! Often times you can find cinder blocks on local yard sale sites for super cheap. And if you don’t feel like searching there, you can find them at a hardware store for about $1.00 – $2.00 depending on the size you’re looking for. Considering wood and other building materials can be a lot more expensive, cinder blocks might be the best and most inexpensive way to update your backyard living space without breaking the bank. Check out these 14 cinder block outdoor crafts:
1. Birdhouse – Get a small piece of wood with a hole in the middle, fit it into place, then glue a peg to the bottom. Place these around the yard with bird seed inside to attract a variety of birds.
2. Large Planter Box – By stacking up cinder blocks in this pattern, you get a lot of planter box space both inside the larger area, but the outside blocks are also a great place to grow succulents.
3. Patio Set – By using cinder blocks along with pieces of wood, you can thread the wood through the holes in the blocks, providing ample places to sit. To add another level of cosiness, you can also add cushions and pillows to these seats. Did you notice the table in the middle is also made of cinder blocks?
4. Steps – Build outdoor steps with cinder blocks, then fill in the holes with small pebbles to ensure nobody sprains an ankle by tripping on one of the holes. They added 9 stairs total with 4 cinder blocks each. This would cost them anywhere from $36.00 – $72.00, if they had the small pebbles on hand.
5. Painted Planters – These painted cinder block planters are sure to brighten up any outdoor living space. Paint the outside with whatever design you choose, fill with potting soil, then plant your favorite annuals and enjoy your new outdoor sanctuary.
6. Backyard Bench – With this easy backyard bench, it’s sturdy and very comfortable once you add pillows and a cushion. Plus if you have a spare wall, you don’t have to worry about back support.
7. Succulent Garden – If you have a spare corner in your yard where you just aren’t sure what to put there, this succulent garden is the perfect idea. Succulents are very low maintenance, and when done right can create a beautiful garden with very little upkeep.
Click The Button Below To See More Cinder Block Outdoor Crafts.
[button-red url=”/cinder-block-outdoor-crafts/2/” ]CLICK FOR MORE[/button-red]