Even though Halloween is over, we still want to share some absolutely terrifying things with you. Because, why not? If you are the adventurous type this might be up your alley. Then again once you read about these places you might think twice. There’s something different about these hikes, something that might make even the bravest person turn back. Take a look at these 10 hikes that most people try to avoid.
1. Enchanted Rock, Texas -This freaky place is said to be haunted by a ghost of a Native American women. She jumped off of a cliff after she witnessed her entire tribe get murdered. Yeah… No thanks.
2. Freetown State Forest, Massachusetts -This terrifying place is cursed by the Wampanoag Tribe. People have reported ghosts, hauntings, strange sights, and UFO activity. I would NOT want to visit this creepy forest at all.
3. South Mount Hawkins, California -The history of this place is horrible. It is a place that once held many animal sacrifices. Haunted by animals… Run!
4. Screaming Woods, UK – Known as the Dering Woods, this is a terrifying place where hikers often hear screams coming from the woods. It is said the screams are supposedly a dead highwayman that was once killed by the village there.
5. Old House Woods, Virginia -Reports of sitings of ghosts and pictures of haunted images are often taken in this creepy forest.
6. Hell Fire Club on Montpelier Hill, Ireland -Built in 1725, this abandoned lodge was famous for its paganism and devil worship. Now, it is famous for creepy stories of ghosts sitings and haunted whispers.
7. Griffith Park, California -This famous landmark was cursed by the former landowner and supposedly contains the ghost of Peg Entwistle, a famous actress from the 1920’s.
8. Hoia-Baciu Forest, Romania -This creepy place has a disturbing amount of abductions and some weird growing vegetation too. There are often sitings of ghosts in the forest as well. I will pass on this one.
9. Bhangarh Fort, India -The Indian government forbids any night time hikes due to a wizard’s 16th century curse. The wizard stated that “The moment the shadows of your palaces touch me, the city shall be no more!”. At night, only, is when this fort is haunted. Eery!
10. Suicide Forest, Japan -Thousands of Japanese citizens go into this creepy forest to commit suicide. So many, in fact, that local police can no longer report accurate numbers.
I know for me, I will never visit any of these haunted hikes. How about you? Are you ready for a hike full of terror?
Be Sure To Share These Terrifying Hikes With Your Friends Below.