My favorite thing about abandoned places is the history and life that precedes them. I feel as though I can imagine my own history when I see these abandoned places. I can entertain my own thoughts about what went on in these mysterious places. I think of either a spooky, dark and cold past that would have hints of Dracula’s castle or some dark lair used for scientific experiments. Sometimes I think there was once an industrious work force powering something innovative and ahead of its time. Sometimes I think of wealthy families having conversations around a now rotten and moss-covered, elegant dining table. The best part about taking a look at abandoned places is you can draw your own conclusions and let your mind decide what life was like around these once grand structures. If they’re dark and scary looking, they are most certainly haunted. I’m almost sure of it. It seems that these abandoned places take on a life of their own and create a sort of personality that is unique to the architecture or surroundings. The mystery is exactly what is so captivating and alluring when it comes to abandoned places. Here are some of the best ones I could find.
1. 102 Year Old Abandoned Ship In Sydney, Australia.
2. The Trees Of Ankgor, Cambodia Engulfing An Ancient City.
3. An Abandoned Mining Town In Namibia.
4. An Automobile Graveyard In Belgium.
5. An Old Piano With A Tree Through It Found In A Field In California.
6. This Tree Has Engulfed A Children’s Bicycle.
7. An Abandoned 160 Year Old Railway In Paris.
8. Abandoned Inner-City Railway In Paris.
9. This Old Abandoned Ferris Wheel.
10. Abandoned Mill In Sorrento, Italy.
11. Abandoned Mansion Near Kilgarvan, Ireland.
12. This Completely Abandoned Radioactive Ghost Town In Pripyat, Ukraine.
13. Abandoned Train Station In Abkhazia, Georgia.
14. Abandoned Mall Full Of Fish In Bangkok.
15. An Abandoned Hotel Room
16. Cooling Tower in Belgium.
17. Kamchatka, An Abandoned Fishing Town In Russia.
18. An Overgrown Palace In Poland.
19. The Jet Star Roller Coaster In Seaside Heights, New Jersey.
20. An Abandoned House In The Woods.
21. An Abandoned Church In St. Etienne, France.
22. Abandoned Church With Lingering Parishioners In The Czech Republic.
23. This Abandoned Doll Factory In Spain.
24. Ships sunk for the creation of the Tangalooma Artificial Reef in Queensland, Australia.
25. Abandoned Movie Theater In Detroit, Michigan.
Click The NEXT Button To See The Rest Of These Amazing Abandoned Places!