The top 25 animals on this earth that are most responsible for killing humans may surprise you. I was shocked that some of these were so high while others like the shark were so low. If you had asked me to guess the top 5 i don’t think i would have got one right. Take a look at the list of the worlds deadliest creatures and where they rank.
25. The wolf. No particular kind but the wolf in general accounts for a few hundred human deaths each year.
22. The Black Widow and Brown Recluse. These highly venomous spiders kill over 3 people in the U.S each year and hundreds all over the world. If not treated the poison from a bite will kill you.
21. Bears. Normally try to avoid people however account for at least 10 deaths a year in the U.S.
16. Ants. Tough to believe but ants kill about 30 people annually.
15. Bees. About 53 people each year die from allergic reactions to bee stings.
14. African Lions. Although lions typically desire animals with more meat than humans they actually kill around 70 people each year.
13. Jellyfish. We all know a jellyfish can sting but did you know that jellyfish actually kill about 3 times the amount of people as sharks on a given year?
12. Tigers kill more than any other big cat accounting for 10s to hundreds of deaths annually from wild tigers.
11. Deer. Deer do have dangerous antlers however they kill around 120 people a year just by standing in the road causing traffic accidents.
10. Domestic Dogs. They account for at least a hundred deaths a year in the U.S. alone. It should be noted that the majority of aggression is caused by abuse from humans.
9. Cape Buffalo. With its huge horns and aggressive attitude the Cape Buffalo accounts for over 200 deaths a year.
8. Elephants. Extremely massive creatures are very dangerous when provoked. Elephants kill around 500 people a year.
7. Crocodiles. Sneaky and around since the dinosaurs crocodiles kill 1,000-2,500 people a year.
6. Hippopotamus. Considered to be Africa’s most dangerous animal Hippos account for around 2,900 deaths a year.
5. Scorpions. Only 25 species of scorpions have poison that can kill a human but with so many scorpions around they account for 1,000-5,000 deaths a year.
4. Snakes. It is understandable why so many people are afraid of snakes. They kill around 50,000 people per year!
3. The TseTse Fly. These carry the African Sleepind Disease which affects around 500,000 people yearly in which 80% actually die.
2. Mosquitoes. They are carriers of many fatal diseases including malaria and dengue causing the deaths of 660,000-1,000,000 people per year!
1. Humans. Not quite as surprising as some of these listed however we are better at killing ourselves than anything else in the world.
I have to say that some of these shocked while the number one spot was exactly what I expected. It’s pretty amazing to think that some of the worlds smallest creatures are actually the most deadly. Which one was most surprising to you?
Share These Powerful Killers With Your Friends