When most actors and actresses are cast for a role, they tend to do some preparation for the part. You will hear stories about how an actor read books or watched different movies to get a better feel for the part they are playing. But sometimes, some actors will take their new character to a whole new level. They are intrigued with playing the part and will do just about anything to achieve the characteristics of the person they are playing. Wait until you see how some of these actors prepared for their movie roles.
1. Adrian Brody gave up his apartment and car, and moved to Europe with just two bags to prepare for his role in The Pianist.
3. In the movie, The Birds, Tippi Hedren had live birds thrown on her in order to be prepared.
4. Clint Eastwood takes acting seriously. After he bought the rights for Unforgiven, he waited 15 years before making the movie. He wanted to be old enough to convincingly play the lead role of William Munny.
5. Brad Pitt has his smile ruined in order to play the role of Tyler in Fight Club. He had his two front teeth professionally chipped, then repaired them once they were done filming.
6. Christian Bale does not mess around when he is cast for a role. He lived on an apple a day to prepare for his role in The Machinist and then put on 100 pounds of muscle to play Bruce Wayne in Batman Begins.
7. Tom Hanks wanted his role on Castaway to be so realistic. At one point during filming, they had to stop so he could lose 50 pounds and grow his hair and beard out.
8. Gary Oldman has played a lot of roles where he played an American. So many in fact, that he had to see a speech therapist to get his British accent back.
9. To play a convincing Walter White, Bryan Cranston learned how to make meth by the DEA.
Click The NEXT Button Below To See More Amazing Actor Transformations!