In a day where social media is a huge part of our lives. So much so in fact that more and more people are starting to take a stab at online dating. This is a good way to gauge your future husband or wife because you can see them at their best via their social media profile pictures. You can see them at their worst via pictures that their friends have posted about them. You can get good sense of their personality by looking at the interests you both have in common but something has been lost in this method over time. Creativity has taken a huge hit and nothing seems to be quite as much adventurous as it used to. Well I’m here to help with 20 awesome and creative date ideas!
2. Meet at a swanky bar and pretend you’ve never met. Loudly use the worst pickup lines you can think of under the agreement that they will work. Watch the pain in the faces around you as put the moves on your partner.
3. Use your cameras and find local places that can be used to pretend you went on a serious adventure. Post the pics at the same time and stick with the story.
4. Hop in the car and go for a drive. You have one rule. You can only make right hand turns. When you get stuck turn around with the rule that you can only make left turns. Bring a camera and take pictures of interesting things you see on the way.
5. Build a sweet fort out of furniture and blankets. Load up with paper airplanes and declare war! Consider some eye protection as a plane to the eye may hinder the evening.
6. Over lunch write little notes to random people. When you are done head to a bookstore and hide the notes in books for future readers. Consider book titles and try to find ones similar.
7. Write a story in a notepad during dinner over the course of a few dates. When you get stuck or need inspiration for your story ask strangers for help.
8. Head to a popular park. Start walking, drawing an arrow with chalk every 20 feet or so. When you end up in a random destination stop and leave a pile of chalk. Watch the fun unfold.
9. Pretend you’re tourists in your own town. Whatever it is that you avoid take your partner and make the best out of it. Dress and act the part for the best effect.
10. Hide and seek in the park!
11. Take a pair of boots, grab your camera and head out to make a photo montage of a day in the life of the invisible man.
12. Walk around downtown and look for every restaurant that’s open 24 hours. Stop in and decide which one you will eat breakfast at when the sun rises.
13. Hop in the car and go for a drive. Blindfold your date and give them the options as you come to an intersection. Let them navigate blindly and see where you end up.
14. Head to the grocery store. Each of you take $20 and head in opposite directions. You have 20 minutes to find different treats for the other person. Consider chocolates and wine or candy and snacks!
15. Consider a climbing adventure! Climb all the trees! Find the best climbing trees you can, climb them and compile photo evidence.
16. Buy a bouquet of flowers and head downtown. Give them to people who look like they could use a pick-me-up.
17. Make kites and head to the park! Have a blast on a windy day.
18. Rent movies you’ve never seen. Put them on mute and make your own dialogue.
19. Dress as super heroes and stop at least one petty crime like jaywalking or littering.
20. Reverse trick or treating! Dress up in costumes and head around your neighborhood. When someone comes to the door give them a treat. This is completely acceptable any time of the year.
Well there you have it! 20 awesome date ideas so when your love asks, “what should we do“, you should have a better response than whatever you want to do. Have fun, stay creative, be original and most importantly, be unique!
Share These Fun Date Ideas With Your Friends