If you are a dad, you can relate to this post I guarantee it. You might laugh till you cry or cry because it is too true. Either way, this list is a list only dads will understand.
1. You do have beautiful daughters.
If your daughters made you watch the ’90s classic Clueless, you’re probably familiar with the line, “If anything happens to my daughter, I have a .38 and a shovel. I doubt anyone would miss you.” Dads know exactly what guys think when they see a beautiful girl, because that’s what they used to think, right?
2. You Have a New Idea of a Dream Car
Your idea of a dream car is something that if it got scratched, started to smell, or the seats ripped wouldn’t bug you. Your dream vehicle isn’t one that’s super-sleek and fast, rather it’s one that hasn’t had any milk or ice cream spilled inside of it yet.
3. Your Imagination Is Understood
You are a hero to your kids and they believe any crazy story you tell them.
4. Your Favorite Things Are Now Chew Toys
So much for having nice things in general right? They end up in your kids mouths, rooms, toilet, etc.
5. You spend 45 minutes sweating and grunting in the backseat of a car. You are alone; when you are finished, the car seat is installed.
I think every dad has experienced this. But Most dads are now car seat experts.
6. Your new idea of a “happy hour” involves your little darling going down easy for a weekend afternoon nap
A drive, 3 bottles, and singing lots of songs finally gets your lil champ down for a nap.
7. You don’t even flinch as you hand over the credit card for your fourth stroller in three years, each one more expensive than the last.
I am pretty sure all dads are the same. But we do appreciate it right?
8. What is Boredom?
I think all dad would like a “vacation” with nothing to do.
9. Your little boy falls asleep on your bare chest, all softness and need, and you understand that for all your sacrifice and changes, there is no better place in the world for a man to be
Where would this world be without dads? Be sure to tell your dad Happy Fathers Day this weekend and thank him for all of the sacrifices he has done in your life.
Be sure to share this funny post with your friends too.