On a hot summer day, there’s nothing that will break the ice with the ladies like inviting them back to your place to take a dip in your very own custom pool. If you’re like me, and aren’t quite wealthy enough to actually own a backyard swimming pool, you’re in luck! These 23 prime examples of DIY pools that you can build on the cheap will have you throwing out the invites and getting the ladies back to your pad in no time at all! Now, I’m not guaranteeing that these gems will impress them enough to make them stay; that part’s up to you.
1. Heineken Heaven Pool: Unless all those Heineken crates were donated, I’m thinking this pool was expensive. Expense aside, I bet they had a lot of fun emptying the containers for this DIY project! On second thought, they may have a drinking problem.
2. Dump Bed Swimming Pool: Repurpose items if you can. I mean, hey, what else are you going to do with a spare dump truck?
3. Hefty Personal Pool: Available at every local grocery store for under $10, it’s easy to get a whole roll of your own Hefty personal pools!
4. No Dumpster Diving: Keep this in mind whenever getting into a shallow pool.
5. Swimming In The Gutter: When the gutter gets backed up, a real go-getter will just remove the sewer grate and make himself a personalized swimming pool.
6. Backyard Pool Hole: I hope they had access to a tractor, because that looks like a whole lot of digging!
7. Tractor Tire Pool: Nothing else will do when you need a pool for two!
8. Repurposed Trailer: Trailer, tarp, plastic, and a tie down. Just add water to these four simple items and you’re in the swimming business!
9. It’s Not Just A Tarp Pool: No way. That’s not JUST A TARP. That’s my swimming pool!
10. Pool In The Cornfield: This one is by far the classiest DIY pool you’ll see today. Country folk sure do know how to class up a cornfield.
11. Swimming In The Toilet: Now that’s just cold! You don’t do things like that to your kid!