How many times have you had a goldfish, they died an untimely death, and then you flushed it down the toilet? I can think of at least a dozen times I did this as a child. It was a great way for a child to learn about life and death, plus it makes for easy clean up for the parents. Goldfish are pretty inexpensive to purchase, and also a very low maintenance animal. But what happens when that goldfish isn’t quite dead, and it manages to find its way to the closest pond or lake? In some towns, goldfish are actually causing a lot of havoc for their eco-systems. This has been happening in the United States, France, and Switzerland, just to name a few. There have been a few fisherman across the world that have been able to reel these goldfish in, and they are mutating into giant goldfish. You might want to think twice before flushing your ‘dead’ goldfish down the toilet.
1. He looks pretty happy about his catch of the day. Considering these may have started off as itty bitty goldfish, I’m not so sure I’d want to eat one of these.
2. Your kids may be scared for life if you decide to serve up goldfish sticks.
4. I wonder how many of these people practiced the whole catch & release routine. I think I would if I caught one of these.
5. It seems better to release these fish back to where you found them, considering you have no idea where they came from in the first place.
6. Or even worse when you consider they may have come from someone’s toilet! EWWW!
7. He doesn’t look too sure about what he managed to reel in.
8. That’s a good size fish, but this one should definitely go back in the water.
Click The Button Below To See More Giant Goldfish!
[button-red url=”/giant-goldfish/2/” ]CLICK FOR MORE[/button-red]