There’s no doubt about it. No matter how much money you have, you’ll still find yourself excited to save a little when you can. This doesn’t make you greedy or cheap, it’s just good business sense. Letting you find out about the following money saving secrets, on the other hand, is not in the best interest of the companies to which they relate! It’s sad to think that you need a trick or special knowledge to be treated fairly in this world, but that’s what corporate greed has led us. Since the corporate fat cats don’t want these money saving secrets in the public’s eye, you can bet your biscuit that I’m all about telling the world!
1. Pre-Paid Medical: Less than 25% of the total cost if you pay upfront? I guess that shows you how much they mark it up for ‘insurance’ purposes… What a joke!
2. No Comment: This one really sucks. You’re led to believe, your whole life, that the police are the good guys and they’re there to help you. I don’t believe that all cops are bad guys, but if you land yourself in shackles, you can bet your bottom dollar that they don’t want to be your friend!
3. Excess Equals Additional Use: Not only does using extra product in a commercial make everything look a little better, it subconsciously trains you to believe that is the amount that you need. This wasteful and excessive practice is exactly what the companies are hoping that you’ll develop into a habit. This, quite simply, translates into increased sales and job security.
4. Fire Your Dentist: I can’t really say that I need much help in this area. I’ve been to the dentist twice in almost 20 years. The resulting damage? Three cavities. Over the course of two decades, I’ve got to say I’m pretty proud of my level of oral hygiene.
5. Can You See The Savings?: $12 from $250? Now, that’s one hell of a discount! How is that even possible?
6. Food Is Good And Exercise Is Hard: This one’s a no brainer, but it’s just so hard when food is so good. Not to mention with NETFLIX and HULU, it’s so damn hard to get off the couch!
7. Way To Confuse The TSA And NSA: I’m not even sure how this one is legal. Sounds like a movie plot of how to throw government agencies off of your trail.
8. CPSs Are Crooks: Okay, maybe they’re not crooks. This is proof positive, however, that they’ve got something to hide.
9. So It’s Not Really Magic?: Words cannot express how much this disappoints me. Next thing I know, you’re going to tell me there’s not an endless supply of quarters behind my ear? Blasphemy!
10. SALE! Is It REALLY?: This one really has a double meaning. 1. If you’re buying it ONLY because it’s on sale, did you really need it in the first place? 2. Most of the time, companies mark up their prices so that they’re still making the same amount when they post their “Incredible Sale!” This usually involves placing the current price in the SALE price slot, then making up a mythical number for the pre-sale price. Crooked business people, manipulating you at every turn.
11. Never Say Wedding: This is all around just good advice… Say NO to weddings! Seriously though, it’s sad that this is another way that companies will gouge the consumer. Charging a consumer a higher price for the same product with a different name? You should be ashamed of yourselves.