I love hearing miracle stories of animals. I don’t understand how humans can be so cruel to helpless animals. That is exactly what happened to this little puppy. He was left to die in a mushroom patch. Ali Larsen found him and she tells her story below.
I recently spent five months in India. While I was there I came across this remarkable little creature. His umbilical cord was still attached and his eyes shut behind a mushroom.
I got a syringe and some goats milk to try to feed him. It seemed to work. He ate and slept and ate and slept.
I named him Kaalan.
The Tamil word for mushroom.
He ate so much he almost weighed in at a pound.
After 3 weeks, he opened his eyes.
He went to the vet with roosters and goats.
And then came the fun.
He came on lots of road trips.
The Nilgiri Mountains
Varkala Beach, he was pretty popular.
He saw Avengers 3D.
And went to his first bar.
He swam in the Arabian Sea.
And met elephants.
And lounged by the pool. And then came his biggest trip of all. First we flew from Coimbatore to Delhi, where Kaalan had to be cleared by a quarantine officer.
He stayed at the Hyatt in Delhi.
And then came the tough one, 40 hours in cargo separated.
But he made it! He loves his new life in Toronto.
How amazing, right? What a sweet story of love and compassion from Ali. I am sure the puppy is loved so much.
If this puppy rescue made you smile, share with your friends below.