There’s a reason that doctor and medical professionals call it “practicing medicine”. They continue practicing different ways to treat different illness, diseases, disorder, etc. Sometimes they work out well and other times, not so much.
Here are some medical equipment and procedures that have been invented and used over time. Luckily, none (that I know of) is still being used today.
1. Tanning babies at the Chicago Orphan Asylum, 1925, to offset winter rickets.
2. Walter Reed physiotherapy store 1920′s.
3. Obstetric phantom designed to teach medical students about childbirth Italy 1700-1800.
4. An embarrassed women with an artificial leg c. 1890 – 1900
5. US Civil War surgeon’s kit
6. Dr. Clark’s Spinal Apparatus advertisement, 1878
7. Lewis Sayre’s scoliosis treatment
8. Antique birthing chair used until the 1800s
9. Amongst of 1st surgical procedures using ether as an anaesthetic, 1855 – 1860.
Click The Button Below To See More Results Of Past Medical Procedures.
[button-red url=”/past-medical-treatments/2/” ]CLICK HERE FOR MORE[/button-red]